New Year: New Start-Up
January is always seen as the month for new beginnings – with many finally taking the plunge and starting their own start-up business.
From the offset and with exciting times ahead, a new start-up company will quickly need to establish a good working relationship with a reliable and creative graphic and website design company.
Whilst it may initially seem tempting to keep costs down by producing your own artwork (and possibly even building yourself a website using a template builder), the majority of people do not have the necessary skillset to ensure the level of professionalism that is crucial for this task, which results in amateur results.
A good designer will be worth their weight in gold – but how do you know which one is right for you?
At Design M, we have worked with many brand new start-ups taking their first steps. And it is this invaluable experience which makes us so good at what we do.
We understand that:
- Start-ups need the professional design skills of a well-established creative design agency, but they need it at a realistic price. At Design M, we understand tight budgets, and we are experts in recommending how to get the most from whatever funding is available to you. Our quotes are clear and detailed and our prices are transparent.
- Not everyone is technically savvy. We always explain things simply and won’t bombard you with unnecessary jargon. We can do a lot of things so you don’t have to, such as setting up a domain name or dealing directly with printing companies. We make sure that our start-up clients are clear about the work we are doing and we are always approachable for any queries, no matter how small.
- You have your own ideas about how you want your business branding and website to look. We are happy to advise as much or as little as required to achieve the image you want. Being a small family-run business ourselves, we understand that your start-up is a personal journey.
- New start-up clients don’t want to be locked into website maintenance contracts. We have had so many of our current clients come to us because they were fed up with being charged unnecessary and expensive monthly contracts for website maintenance with their previous design company. Whilst website updates are essential on occasion, we always charge this as an ad-hoc service.
- Over time, you may need a large variety of artwork designed, ranging from logos, responsive website, business cards, business stationery, social profile headers, leaflets, brochures, email newsletters, vehicle wraps, menus, shop display boards or exhibition artwork, to name but a few. It will be easier for you to use a design company that can do it all – with the essential benefit of keeping your brand identity consistent throughout. At Design M, we can do it all!
If you’re starting a business in 2018, congratulations! You’ve made a great first decision. And choosing to work with Design M will definitely be your second…